WORK WITH US
If serving and mentoring under-resourced youth is something you feel passionate about, we want to hear from you. STEF helps kids unleash their full potential through tennis play, mentorship and guided learning.
PART TIME TENNIS COACH
Join the Seattle Tennis and Education Foundation (STEF) for our school year tennis
programming! STEF inspires under-resourced kids to be active in mind and body so they
can gain the confidence and skills to achieve their dreams.
We are looking for an experienced tennis coach who can implement tennis drills that allow
kids to progress their skills and confidence. This position is part-time with about 10-15
hours per week, including in person programming and planning practices for tennis weekly
on your own time.
As an integral part of the STEF team, you must be motivated by the desire to nurture
program success and the furthering of our mission to use the sport of tennis and
mentorship to help under-resourced youth gain the confidence and skills to achieve their
Essential Job Functions:
• Teach tennis to a group of elementary age children with patience, positivity, and
• Assist in the setup and takedown of equipment in practice; help manage our
• Work with lead coaches to plan and implement tennis drills and progressions.
• Maintain organizational standards of satisfaction, quality, and performance.
• Provide structure and consistency with our kids, included in our practice plans.
• Maintain a safe, supportive, and inclusive environment for all participants.
• Potentially assist the program in events and activities that will be beneficial to the
student-athletes. These opportunities could include fundraisers, one-day youth
programs, family events, and field trips.
• Minimum high school diploma.
• Knowledge of the game of tennis; and enjoy playing and teaching tennis.
• Previous experience working or volunteering with children.
• Positive and patient attitude.
• Must complete USTA Safe Play training prior to start (about 2 hours)
• Starting September 13th through the school year (we are flexible on dates)
• Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday of in person programming
• 3:00pm-6:00pm for in person programming (we are flexible on these times)
• $18-$20 per hour depending on experience.
• Meet STEF team at the Sand Point Tennis Center in Seattle
• Programming conducted throughout Magnuson Park
How to apply:
• Please send your resume and write a brief cover letter of why you feel like you would
be a good fit for this position.
You may also download and submit the application form here.
STEF needs student or adult volunteers interested in helping to provide academic enrichment, mentoring and tennis lessons for the elementary-age kids in our program.
What We Need:
We are excited that you are interested in volunteering with STEF as a Coach or Mentor! As a volunteer, you will assist with our enrichment program (life skills, academic content) and/or our tennis practices. We are looking for individuals who have experience working with children and are positive role models for our student athletes. As a volunteer, you are expected to model appropriate behavior in the classroom or on the court and will be asked to support our student-athletes in different tasks.
Our volunteers will not need to plan any of the content of our programming, as this is done by our staff. Each day our enrichment and tennis programming might look slightly different, so we ask that you try to arrive a little early so the agenda can be explained to you and you feel prepared. A staff member will let you know what they would like you to do, such as working one on one with a student on a math worksheet or supporting a small group during a tennis drill.
As a volunteer, you are greatly helping our student athletes receive more individualized attention and support. You will also learn valuable skills and information about how a non-profit operates. If you are only interested in the enrichment or the tennis portion of programming, that is great, too! Whether you are able to support, one day, two days, or all three days, please let us know and complete the Volunteer Agreement and send to email@example.com. She will reach out once the form is completed.
Below is the current schedule.
- Mondays: 3:30-5pm at TCSP
- Wednesdays: 3:30-4:45pm at Mercy; 5-6:15pm at TCSP
- Thursdays: 4-6pm at Hangar 30
Please note: All programs are held within Magnuson Park at the Mercy Magnuson housing complex and Tennis Center Sand Point.
More on what we do at STEF here: www.stefseattle.org
For any questions, please contact or Managing Director, Rylee, here: firstname.lastname@example.org